Marty Graham 2:30 p.m., Feb. 12
Well, now - to hear David Elliott tell it, I was too hasty in my scorn for Blackthorn. "A terrific, full-hearted Western" - wow, really? So very glad to hear it. But what has me really excited is The Mill and the Cross - think Girl With a Pearl Earring, but with Bruegel's grit instead of Vermeer's light. I do love me some medieval peasantry. Our man four-stars 'em both, and has more kind words for Thunder Soul and Margaret. It all makes the two stars for the Clooney-Gosling Battle of Handsome The Ides of March look positively dim. Thank goodness for fall.
More like this:
- New releases opening this week — March 15, 2013
- Opening Today — June 15, 2012
- So, What Did You Do Friday Night? — Oct. 11, 2011
- Reviews! — Sept. 22, 2011
- Warner Bros. Uses Military Families to Hype Green Lantern — June 17, 2011