Django Stevens 4 p.m., April 16
Observed: Is there an Oscar for Best Wiggery?
Here is actor Corey Stoll playing a young and very dreamy Ernest Hemingway in Midnight in Paris:
Here is an actual photo of Hemingway beside the same image of Stoll:
And here is Stoll sans coiffure.
My poor wife went from thinking she'd seen the next Paul Newman to asking me, "Aren't there any Google images that show him with hair?" But it doesn't take away from his performance, pitched just a hair's breadth (okay, many hair's breadths) over the top and dripping with charisma.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Merry Christmas from Your Pals at The Big Screen — Dec. 25, 2011
- Picture Story: Grand Opening of the Newly Refurbished Coronado Village Theater — June 24, 2011
- Observed: Midnight in Paris — May 29, 2011
- Anatomy of a Press Photo: Tree of Life at the Cannes Film Festival — May 17, 2011