Dorian Hargrove 11:30 p.m., March 13
Hard Breakers' Sophie Monk visits San Diego
Sophie Monk likes the anonymity her time spent in the United States affords her. The chart-topping Australian pop-singer and model-turned-actress can’t walk through the streets of her home town without being swamped by adoring fans, but in SoCal the perfect blond specimen strolling through the mall takes on a more chameleon-like presence.
I recently had a chance to speak with Sophie at the Analog Bar when she was in town promoting Hard Breakers. It's her latest raunchy sex comedy and a genre the 31-year-old beauty would love to break free from. We spoke about what it’s like to make a living in front of a camera, Sophie’s chubby, awkward period (as if such a phase ever existed) and why Paris Hilton is saying all those nasty things about her.
In addition to dishing with Sophie, I also took a few minutes to speak with Hard Breakers writer, director Leah Sturgis and co-writer Elaine Fogg.
Thanks to iCNN's Chris Morrow for her splendid work behind the camera.
More like this:
- Say "I do" to Chris Martinez's I Do Bidoo Bidoo — Dec. 4, 2012
- Meet Michael Knowles: Actor, Writer, Editor, Inventor, and Director of The Trouble with Bliss — April 7, 2012
- 12 Films From 2011 That Brightened My Life in the Dark — Jan. 2, 2012
- L.A. Sheriff's Office Reopens Investigation Into Natalie Wood Drowning — Nov. 18, 2011
- Perry Chen Interviews Judy Moody's Star and Creator — June 13, 2011