Dave Good 8 p.m., Sept. 2
Roundup: Slumming Graybeards
Watching Christopher Plummer gibber his way through his role in Priest...
...I found myself thinking back on other wondrous performances from the lions of the theatrical tradition. These are just a few that spring to mind:
Laurence Olivier in the original Clash of the Titans!
Ian Richardson in Dark City!
Sir Derek Jacobi in Underworld: Evolution!
Anthony Hopkins in just about anything these days, but let's go with The Wolfman!
Sean Connery in The Avengers!
Ben Kingsley in Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time!
Christopher Lee in the Star Wars saga!
Which brings us, of course, to the granddaddy of them all, Obi-Wan himself. A great actor, a remarkable man, and a Jedi knight to boot.
I'm beginning to wonder if you're still allowed to call it slumming if everybody does it. A bunch of these guys are Knights of the Realm! Add your own in the comments!
More like this:
- Great Moments in Celebrity Hair — Dec. 16, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Cinepolis: the Bar & Menu — July 21, 2011
- Roundup: More Slumming Graybeards — May 17, 2011