Various Authors 3:49 p.m., Dec. 3
The Three Phases of Yves
Caught a screening of L'Amour Four, the somber, at times impervious documentary about Yves Saint Laurent commissioned by his partner of fifty years Pierre Bergé. It opens exclusively on May 27 at Landmark's Ken Cinema.
Perhaps it's the lack of sleep I've had during the past fifteen years, but at various stages in his life, the high profile French fashion designer, who made off-the-rack schmates a household name, bore more than a passing resemblance to three beloved cultural icons.
The Cronenberg Dynasty
The Glover Ascendancy
The Charles Nelson Reilly Era
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Anatomy Of An Ad Campaign: Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs — July 25, 2011
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011