• Big Screen alerts

Just two weeks after the royal wedding (and their 25th wedding anniversary), America's power couple, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, have decided to separate.

It was a union of opposing political parties and many were shocked that the marriage lasted as long as it did. Some sources blame the Governator's elephantine ego and philandering ways for the split while others cite Maria's incessant gloom and her fervent religious beliefs as the cause of the breakup. The couple released a joint statement on Monday saying that they were "amicably separating." The document contained no mention of the "D" word.

Since stepping down as California governor, Schwarzenegger had decided to return to what passes for acting. According to TMZ, "The situation got worse once Arnold left office and decided he wanted to resurrect his movie career. Maria felt Arnold was becoming more erratic -- more unstable." There has been no indication whether or not Shriver will resume her former high profile position as a network news anchor.

On March 28, Shriver posted what many are now interpreting as a "cry for help" video (see below) on YouTube. In it, she asks the common clay how they handle difficult transitions in their lives.

• Big Screen alerts

Comments

Matthew Lickona May 10, 2011 @ 9:46 a.m.

I guess this means that the next model of Terminator will steal the clothes from a commodities trader and drive a red Corvette?

Visduh May 10, 2011 @ 12:42 p.m.

Maybe she's finally figured out what a royal jerk (and joke) he really is. It can take some people a long time to learn. As to their partisan differences, is someone implying he was a Republican? It's hard to determine just what he was, but he was not a member of the GOP.

SurfPuppy619 May 10, 2011 @ 9:58 p.m.

After Arnold commuted Nunez'z sentence form 16 years down to 7 I actually dispise the clown, I would never vote for him-ever- I would not even shake the clowns hand. He is a punk.

What he did the last hour in office has tarnished ANY goodwill he had left ending his term.

Scott Marks May 10, 2011 @ 10:11 p.m.

Forget about that clown Schwarzenegger. I recognize both Visduh and SurfPuppy619 from their devastating (and frequently hilarious) comments on Don Bauder's blog. Nice of you both to check in. Your approbation is a terrific christening for The Big Screen. Best, Scott Marks. ;)

Visduh May 10, 2011 @ 10:27 p.m.

Devastating? Frequently hilarious? And here I thought nobody paid any attention. I'll have to keep that quote for my resume.

Scott Marks May 11, 2011 @ 12:06 a.m.

Pay attention? I pray that David Copley bankrolls a movie so you guys can really go to town!

Duhbya May 11, 2011 @ 8:23 a.m.

I thought he already did. Wasn't he involved with "I Remember Mama?"

SurfPuppy619 May 11, 2011 @ 10:15 a.m.

I don't think I am outside the mainstream in going to town on ClownHair over the Nunez gift.

realnews May 11, 2011 @ 7:53 a.m.

Details at the "News" section of Familylawcourts.com

Also, if you're a good mom, but battling cancer, as was one Durham, North Carolina mother, media will report that you lose custody but omit the name of the judge. This is not helpful during election years.

Colonna May 13, 2011 @ 5:55 a.m.

Maria's channeling the spirit of her late Uncle Teddy right after Chappaquiddick - how I love the Kennedys!

Michael Hemmingson May 17, 2011 @ 11:27 a.m.

From Terminator to Governator to Progenator to Separator.