Matthew Suárez 11 a.m., Nov. 28
Today in Disputable Claims: "The fans have spoken!"
Did this dude grow a metal beard and get metal wrinkles under his eyes when he got old, or was he made that way? Discuss.
Press release just came in announcing Transformers: Dark of the Moon's triumphant return to IMAX theaters starting August 26:
“The fans have spoken and we are excited to bring Transformers: Dark of the Moon back to IMAX theatres,” said Greg Foster, IMAX Chairman and President of Filmed Entertainment. “The film has been a remarkable success and we are thrilled to offer fans in North America another chance to experience the latest chapter in this history making franchise.”
But what about fans in South America? In China? In Europe? Why should Canada and Mexico benefit when all these suffer? Oh IMAX, you are a cruel and arbitrary god.
But my real question is this: can IMAX produce one single fan who has actually spoken in favor of Transformers: Dark of the Moon's return to IMAX? I'd like to meet him. Or maybe I wouldn't.
More like this:
- Interview with The Last Stand director Kim Ji-woon — Jan. 17, 2013
- Purists Take Note: Reason #438 to Love the Grossmont #1 — July 23, 2012
- Oh, dear, Megan, Part 2 — June 28, 2011
- Oh, dear, Megan, Part 1 — June 28, 2011
- Anatomy of a Press Photo: Transformers: Dark of the Moon VIP Screening at the IMAX Waterloo in London — June 27, 2011