Dave Rice 7:30 a.m., Sept. 4
That's it, I quit.*
Some days you wake up, and the sun is shining, and the breeze is blowing, and the birds are singing, and your hangover is slightly less brutal than usual, and you think, "By God, there are a lot of problems in this world, but there are a lot of good things as well. The touch of your beloved's hand. A whole universe of fantastic music at the touch of a button. The prospect of a fifth season of Mad Men. Life is overflowing with blessings."
And then you go and hear that Ridley Scott is going back to the well on Blade Runner. I'm linking to the Christian Science Monitor's report because I love the economy of this phrase: "hopefully turning the revered film into a lucrative franchise." "Revered" turned into "lucrative." That's about all you can say, isn't it?
The problem in Blade Runner? Replicants. That's sort of the problem here, too.
*Not really, of course. Part of the reason I got this gig was because of my iron stomach.
More like this:
- Blade Runner and more at Landmark’s Ken Cinema — Jan. 7, 2015
- New releases opening this week: Gravity, When Comedy Went to School and more — Oct. 4, 2013
- Casting Katy Perry's Blade Runner sequel the right way. — July 31, 2013
- Dig a Hole: Tony Scott — Aug. 20, 2012
- Prometheus: Questions for Discussion. — June 8, 2012