Barbara Zaragoza 8:04 p.m., Dec. 19
Latino Film Festival Presents Que Viva! Cine Latino Free Outdoor Series
Pictured:Gael García Bernal in Even the Rain
Technically, the San Diego Latino Film Festival won't come our way again until March. What with the ongoing Cinema en tu Idioma screenings and now the 5th Annual Que Viva! Cine Latino outdoor film series, they should be billing themselves as San Diego's Year-Round Film Festival.
This year brings another crop of recent films for your outdoor viewing pleasure. The series is being billed as "family friendly." The only one of the film's I've seen is Even the Rain, and while I don't remember anything in the way of nudity, profanity, or excessive violence to sully impressionable minds, I can't imagine that a movie about a group of filmmakers in Brazil making a movie about Christopher Columbus is going to capture the interests of kids under 10.
The free screenings will take place every Wednesday in September at 7:30 PM in the Food Pavilion at Otay Ranch Town Center in Chula Vista. Why not arrive early and enjoy the live music and Latino art on display?
Below is the list of films to be screened. For more information visit the San Diego Latino Film Festival website.
September 7: From Prada to Nada September 14: Regresa September 21: El Estudiante September 28: Even the Rain
More like this:
- Que Viva! Cine Latino Returns to Otay Ranch — Aug. 26, 2013
- SDLFF's weeklong Exitos del Cine Latino starts tomorrow — Aug. 22, 2013
- ¡Que Viva! Cine Latino Brings Free Outdoor Movies to South County — Aug. 28, 2012
- Latino Film Festival Announces its Winners — March 21, 2012
- DVD Latino: Alambrista!, El Bola, Tambien la Lluvia — Feb. 29, 2012