The Canyoneers 11:30 a.m., May 27
A Complete List of the Movie Categories on AMC's "Where Movies Live" Ad Page
Action Adventure, Blockbuster, Bollywood, Chick Flick, Comedy, Cop Buddy Picture, Documentary, Dramedy, Fantasy, Horror, Remake, Rom Com, Superhero, Teen Angst, Thriller.
Fascinating. Teen Angst gets its own category, as does Superhero, Remake, Chick Flick, and Cop Buddy Picture. The difference between Blockbuster and Action Adventure is admittedly mysterious, but where, one wonders, are Western, Drama, Indie, Reboot, Foreign, J-Horror, Oscar Bait, Torture Porn, Grindhouse, Mumblecore, Adam Sandler, Animation, and Sci-Fi? Weird.
I confess, there's one entry I can't read, even though I had plenty of time to write 'em down while waiting for the start of Empire of Silver. Showtime was 7:10 p.m. Previews started at 7:28, and were kind of an adventure in themselves. Here we had a sweeping Chinese historical epic for a feature, being led by trailers for Arthur Christmas, The Muppets, Happy Feet Two, One Day, and a couple of others my short-term memory refuses to cough up.
One of these things is not like the others...
Movie started at 7:42. Eesh.
More like this:
- Part 4: Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) — Nov. 30, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- Empire of Silver: Vistas Aplenty — Aug. 9, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for One Day: The Many Faces of Anne Hathaway — Aug. 9, 2011
- Your Summer of Superheroes, Part II — June 6, 2011