Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
Why not take advantage of KUSI meteorologist Leslie Lopez's forecast for perfect outdoor movie-viewing weather and bring the family (and blankets and lawn chairs) to Carmel Valley for tonight's free screening of Disney's Tangled?
I'll be your projectionist for the evening, but there will be no watching tonight's movie from my grassy projection booth. There's no need to. I already saw Tangled four times when it played theatrically and think it's easily the best Disney animated feature since The Little Mermaid. I'll give it the Ron Popiel "set it and forget it" focus and let you folks enjoy the lush storybook imagery.
The Time Warner Cable Moonlite Movie event kicks off at 5 p.m. at Carmel Valley Community Park, 3777 Townsgate Drive. Pre-show festivities for the kids include Mad Science, Obstacle Courses, and Master Sports Laser Tag! Pizza, popcorn, candy and drinks will be sold and Tangled hits the screen after dark (8 p.m.-ish).
More like this:
- Update on Asian Film Festival Screening of The Viral Factor — Jan. 20, 2012
- Review: Rise and Shine: The Jay DeMerit Story — Nov. 3, 2011
- Free Outdoor Screening of Avatar Saturday Night — Aug. 27, 2011
- Free Outdoor Screening of Top Gun Tonight — July 30, 2011
- Free Outdoor Screening of Megamind Saturday Night — July 8, 2011