Jeff Smith 6 p.m., Oct. 8
So the filmblogging universe is dutifully trotting out this still of Anne Hathaway (?) as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises.
And while we here at Big Screen hate to seem catty (seewhatididthere), we are inclined to note that that is some seriously bad hair for a character styled after a creature as fastidious and elegant as a cat. The uneven hairline, the mousy brown color, the helmet-style pullback, and good gravy, is that a ponytail? How terribly practical. Maybe for her big fight scene, she'll wear yoga pants and an old sweatshirt for added comfort and mobility. I just can't figure out why she's bothering with that lipstick. Meow.
More like this:
- New releases opening this week — March 15, 2013
- The Dark Knight Rises: What's Wrong With This Picture? — June 21, 2012
- The Dark Knight Rises: Gentlemen, Start Your Engines — May 24, 2012
- A Blade Runner Sequel? — May 18, 2012
- The Origins of Catwoman's Costume: REVEALED! — Sept. 27, 2011