I thought I had a great group of followers who provided feedback, good, bad or indifferent.

But, no comments at all for my last several blogs. So, I am wondering if these folks are still around:

PistolPete SDaniels Cuddlefish MsGrant

As you know, I am not computer savvy and I could not figure out how to find you and I know you will tell me how easy it is. I've been trying to read other blogs but my vision has created a whole new set of problems. My eyes get tired and decide when I will stop reading!

So, after writing a blog that's about it for an evening.

More like this:

Comments

David Dodd June 6, 2010 @ 11:39 p.m.

Hun, you don't post as much here anymore. PistolPete has been involuntarily retired. My vision is likely worse than yours, I just lean into the screen closer ;)

David Dodd June 7, 2010 @ 2:33 a.m.

Yeah, me too, SP. He sometimes posts over at CB now. Apparently, he's allowed to curse there ;) We email sometimes and FB occaisionally. He's actually a really good guy. He was vastly misunderstood here, mainly because he called people names ;)

SDaniels June 7, 2010 @ 11 a.m.

Someone told me to come here and give a chin up to auntiesd. I'm not ignoring you--I haven't posted more than a few lines on the site for a few weeks.

Refried, I guess the issue will never be resolved, as I feel the need to make a slight correction: PP was retired not just because he called people names, though that was certainly annoying: He was "retired" because he spread hatred (whether he believed what he was posting or not) wherever he posted, and inserted himself in every discussion possible, so that it was impossible for other bloggers to breathe. Sorry, most of us feel we don't need an overgrown pathological baby to feed.

Aside from that, I miss you refried, and everyone. Life intervenes, and we have to deal with it. I'll scurry back as soon as possible :)

auntsandiegospeaks June 7, 2010 @ 11:24 a.m.

Thank you all for the updates. I know I hadn't posted much (some yucky medical issues). But I think I am back for awhile. SDaniels, I think you are right about Pete. He once said I should be dead. For some reason it did not offend me and I realized I had read enough to know he was just angry all the time!!

I am also doing some blogging on VOSD.

Visduh June 7, 2010 @ 2:25 p.m.

So, THAT'S what happened to Pistol Pete. Can't say I miss him.

David Dodd June 7, 2010 @ 2:35 p.m.

Actually, Pistol Pete is a very nice guy. He just wasn't nice in here. I understand why a lot of people didn't care for his comments in the Reader, and so does he. But he really is a good person.

Same with Josh Board, I get why he turned so many people off here. But he's Josh, he's always working, even now with his new gig. At some point if the Radio industry recovers, he'll probably wind up back on radio. Pissing people off is a gift, and he has the gift. My only criticism of Josh is that sometimes takes it too far, if he learns to control that, he'll be fine.

Rocket_J_Squirrel June 7, 2010 @ 4:09 p.m.

Did someone say "annoying"?..........

(lurk)

thestoryteller June 7, 2010 @ 4:17 p.m.

I believe he was prohibitwed from the site for vulgarity, if I remember correctly. He told Cuddlefish to do it with an animal, or some such thing.

I personally believe that people should be stricken from the site for harrassment. I'm less offended by profanity and vulgarity.

I liked Josh. I didn't keep up with his comments as much as you all did, but he didn't offend me. I sometimes had a feeling he was trying to bait us with his clueless remarks.

He was always nice to me, I miss him. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and it doesn't have to agree with mine. I think sometimes he worded things poorly--like when he said (to paraphrase) that all adopted kids are mentally ill (or whatever).

The truth is, many adopted children ARE mentally ill, because their biological parents had the same illness. There's nothing wrong with saying that, but he should have been more careful about how he said it.

BTW, Auntie, I liked your story about the horse, awhile back. That was funny.

David Dodd June 7, 2010 @ 5:13 p.m.

"Have to disagree, Refried. Pistol Pete was not what I'd call "a Really, nice guy." He was an admitted felon, had no conscience and poor impulse control. These things do not add up rto a nice person."

And, it's fine to disagree. But I know him off of this website, he is a nice guy, regardless, he just wasn't a nice guy here. The internet does strange things to people, behind the anonymity. A lot of very good people are convicted felons. The last place I worked, my right-hand man was a convicted felon, and I would trust him with my life. He made a dumb mistake at one point and paid for it. I left that job so that he could retain his. That's how highly I think of him.

Grasca June 7, 2010 @ 6:10 p.m.

I think it depends on the felony one is convicted of. For example John Gardener could hardly be called "nice" by anyone in their right mind.

SurfPuppy619 June 7, 2010 @ 6:15 p.m.

Did someone say "annoying"?..........

By Rocket_J_Squirrel

RJS, whose sock puppet account are you???

David Dodd June 7, 2010 @ 6:17 p.m.

Pete's felony was armed robbery, if I remember correctly.

The friend I was referring to was convicted of smuggling illegal immigrants into the U.S., he turned himself in and served a couple of years in Federal prison. He was released and began working at the place I eventually wound up working within a few months of his hiring.

Rape and murder are obviously not simply "felonies", I'm referring to non-violent acts.

Grasca June 7, 2010 @ 6:36 p.m.

Wouldn't "armed robbery" be considered a violent crime since a weapon was used ?

David Dodd June 7, 2010 @ 6:54 p.m.

@ lifesbeengood: I mostly agree, although I really dislike it when there's malice intended or the point is to completely screw with someone rather than to discuss something. I get mad, like anyone else. I get bent out of shape when someone goes after someone else just because they can, while hiding behind anonymity. Most internet people seem nice enough to me.

@ Grasca: You may consider it as such if you wish, law enforcement and courts will be on your side. I would rather judge the person behind the gun. And, for the record, I have had a gun pointed at my head on two seperate occasions, so my opinion isn't without experience at being the victim.

David Dodd June 7, 2010 @ 9:21 p.m.

lifesbeengood,

Well, of course. But we all become emotionally invested to a point. Obviously, my intent isn't to let anything get to me. Most of the time I don't even comment on items that bother me, but you know, it's like an open bag of potato chips sometimes. You'll be please to know that, in any case, when I walk away from the computer I don't even think about it ;)

Rocket_J_Squirrel June 7, 2010 @ 10:46 p.m.

"RJS, whose sock puppet account are you???"

Speaking of annoying, how's it going, Mr. Surfpuppy Esq., Barrister Rumpole of The Bunghole - oops - Bailey?

FYI: I am the sock puppet of no one. It is just me - my own little Drambuie - addled self.

Rocket_J_Squirrel June 8, 2010 @ 8:36 a.m.

Oops. I apologize for the above remarks. SP is not annoying.

MsGrant June 8, 2010 @ 9:45 a.m.

Damn that open bag of chips!! Slowly, step away from the chips...

Lifesbeengood, I agree with your philosophy about taking the high road and just not responding to aggressors, BUT sometimes you have to publicly stand up to the bully and let them know that just because no one is saying anything that does not imply agreement. Sometimes there is no validity in their attacks and they are just trying to get under your skin.

Now, back to those chips...

nan shartel June 8, 2010 @ 10:06 a.m.

i'd like to say something but i must zip my lip because

I'M A BLOG HOG!!! ;-)

nan shartel June 8, 2010 @ 12:20 p.m.

i understand Grantie and i'll hide mine right away

~~what ur lookin' under the bed for my Fritos u chip hog~~

nan shartel June 8, 2010 @ 12:22 p.m.

Hi AuntieSanDiego

i haven't visted before but promise i will in the future...keep tappin' them keys cutie

nan shartel June 8, 2010 @ 1:09 p.m.

an Pocket Rocket...ur using those silver dollar words here...online Phoenix University bub????

SurfPuppy619 June 9, 2010 @ 9:10 a.m.

Well then, since you're no ones sock puppet-CARRY ON!

SurfPuppy619 June 9, 2010 @ 9:12 a.m.

Oops. I apologize for the above remarks. SP is not annoying

Thank you Rocket-your previous post had crushed me, sent me into tears, but now I am once again proud to call you "friend" :)

auntsandiegospeaks June 22, 2010 @ 1:41 p.m.

Well, well some new names, faces(?), commentors. If you can't handle criticism, blogging or writing of any kind is not the place to be. I have very thick skin so I am hardly ever truly offended. Back to PistilPete, he seemed to be angry when he posted. Also, I do not see a problem with befriending a felon, you pick your friends because you like them. People can/do change. And, if you live in San Diego, you know our City seems to attract corrupt officials. Right now I am unaware of any investigations into the current regime. Of course, I refer to the City Council and Mayor as the "DO NOTHINGS". So, which is worse,doing nothing or getting caught????? Thanks all for reading.