Bart Mendoza 5 a.m., Dec. 8
Update Little Falls 2/02/2010
On World events.
- A Spanish company is putting up $1E9 for a photovolaic solar energy production plant. The plant will cover 2500 acres and produce 300 megawatts of electric power to supply 50E3 homes/yr. Ref: USA Today, 1/28/10 page 3A
- You think the Mediterranean is a clean place to live?. It looks like it is a toxic waste dump. Ref: Scientific America, February 2010 page 14-15
- Global warming and extinctions- some more clues. Ref: Scientific America,Februrary 2010 page 21-22
- The Silver Shores opened in Da Nang's Ngu Hanh Son district on January 26. Total cost to build $160E6. Ref: VOV News
- It is great to see North Korea is moving ahead in the arts. Mansudae, a design firm is building a sculpture for President Wade. Ref: The Wall Street Journal, 1/29/10 page A1 & A11.
Well Judy, I made it through January, the worst month in Minnesota. Spring is only two months away, and it is safe to move here after May 15 unless you are dressed for the cold. Hope all is well with you and all our friends in San Diego. Hope to hear from you at your will. Still working at Pete and Joy's and making lots of donuts and pastry,also I am doing some cleaning work which gives me more hours.