Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Feb. 12
- Community Blog
- As the Sun Cafe goes on
Update Little Falls 11/09/2009
- A note on energy. T. Boone Pickens says natural gas supplys will be gone in 30 years. He recommends fuel cells or batterys. Mr Pickens also has predicted oil prices to be $300.00 a barrel by 2019. Ref: Star Tribune, 11/09/09 page D2
- Good luck to Kim Yu-na of Korea and Miki Ando of Japan in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- It seems California never has any money in Sacramento or San Diego, but the California Public Employees's Retirement System has $200E9 in it. Ref: BusinessWeek, 11/16/09 page 036
- Japanees Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama has commited $5.5E9 in aid to the Mekong-Japan Summit in the area. He also has pledged 500E9 yen to Cambodia,Laos, Myanmar,Thailand and Vietnam in a EU-Style Asian Community. This is great and Mr. Hatoyama has my full support on this move in the future of this area. I will pray for him and his goals at the Our Lady of Lourdes Church here in Little Falls,MN.
- Cmdr Hung Ba Le arrived at Tien Sa Port in Danang on Sat. Nov. 7, 2009 in the USS Lassen. Good luck to Cmdr Hung Ba Le and the best to all the people we were friends with in 1967 there and in all these years. God bless them all and I hope them a great future with us as their friends.
- Detroit-If any city in the world needs development it is Detroit. The city has 80,000 abandoned lots and buildings, according to the city's planning department. These area's are a hive of activity, buzzing with scavengers, vandals, late-night revelers, and arsonists. Ref: The Wall Street Journal, 11/06/09 page A1 and A22