Larry Steckling 10 p.m., Nov. 26
- Community Blog
- As the Sun Cafe goes on
Update Little Falls, 12/09/2009
- I see William Wilson former ambassador to the Vatican and member of president Ronald Regan's advisershas died. He lived a good long life. I will say a prayer for him at our Lady of Lourdes Church here in Little Falls on Sundays.
- Meeting in North Korea with President Barack Obama's representative Stephen Bosworth and the North Korean government is set for yesterday in Pyongyang. Ref: The Wall Street Journal, 12/07/09 page A11
- Boeing, Dreamliner to be put to the test. Ref: The Wall Street Journal, 12/07/09 page B1 & B2
- Another Luxury Cruse Ship!. Utopia Residences Co. of Beverly Hills, California will finance in the ship which will be built by Samsung Heavy Industries Co. second only to Hyundai Heavy Industries Inc in ship building. Ref: The Wall Street Journal, 12/07/09 page B3
- Another story on Dubai with an American's input. Ref: The Wall Street Journal, 12/07/09 page C1 & C4
- Glenmar - the parent company of Larson and Glaston boats of Little Falls is on the bidding block. In bankruptcy the bidders are California based Platinum Equity LLC and Irwin Jacobs former CEO. Glenmar employed almost one eighth of Little Falls's population. With them down that is a 12% unemployment rate alone here. Our Mayor Cathy VanRisseghem hopes the winning bidder can save the lost jobs of our city. I sold her she should ask Samsung Heavy Industries Co to buy the plants and get this city going. Ref: Morrison County Record, 12/06/09 page A1 & A2
- Hey Judy, I went to a one-act play at the Mary of Lourdes Elementry School last Saturday. It was wonderfull and the kids did a great job. Wish you were with me. They did, Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood and Rumpelstiltshin.
- Chicago is to build a 150 story Luxury residential tower. Total height 2000 feet. Ref: The Wall Street Journal, 12/08/09 page A3
- Tooth decay. Good story on what causes the decay. Ref: The Wall Street Journal,1208/09 page D1 & D4
- The best in the World, to Jacqueline Nguyen, U.S. District Court Judge for the Central District of California. You make me proud to be an American Marine as I was part of your choice to be an American as I served in Vietnam and I know you will make this a better America on your new job. I believe we were sent to Vietnam to save a good people by God. Judy is also proud of you. Who is Judy?, she is the women I asked to marry me from the Sun Cafe in San Diego that we worked in for 14 years with her parents the Jeong family.