11:13 a.m., Sept. 26
- Community Blog
No More Excuses
So for a while now, I've been saying that I wouldn't blog on the Reader's "Neighborhood Blogs" because I don't live in San Diego anymore. Like one of Josh Board's frequently identified and much maligned idiots, I left sunny SD a few years back to commune with nature in the mighty redwoods of Humboldt County. (More to come on my time as a cabin-dwelling, mall-deprived nature girl.)
So, imagine my surprise and delight when on this evening of blog winnahs and celebratory chicken dinnahs, I finally noticed the "Beyond San Diego" category. Hey, even the blindest and tardiest of squirrels eventually finds a nut sometimes.
I like that word -- "beyond." To Be Yonder. Good a place as any, I suppose. Irresistibly attractive to nomads and gypsies of all stripes and ethnic flavors. But where, exactly, is it? Is it simply the other side of the fence, over where that greener grass is, for example?
A couple of definitions offered online are:
1. being in that place or over there; being that or those over there: That road yonder is the one to take. 2. being the more distant or farther: yonder side.
Can you imagine if Pink Floyd had called their album, "The Yonder Side of the Moon?" Sounds like a truly bodacious bluegrass cover, to me. Hey, maybe that's the grass that was greener....No, wait. Now I'm totally confused.
This is what happens, when you're yonder. ;)
More like this:
- Have all San Diego mayors been weasels? — Dec. 5, 2012
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011
- The Grass is Always Greener. (MUCH greener in this case) — June 30, 2009
- 35 Seconds a Life... — Dec. 23, 2008
- What Will Burn, What Will Not — Nov. 29, 2007