Jay Allen Sanford 7 p.m., May 28
San Diego tourism ad found among ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner's effects
Ad included coupon for 50% off steak and eggs at The Waffle Spot in Hotel Circle; alleged cop killer may have filled up before heading south.
Tourism Board President: "In hindsight, the ad represents an error in judgment. We were trying to make use of San Diego's proximity to the border, which has represented freedom for so many outlaws, from Joe in Jimi Hendrix's classic 'Hey Joe' to George Clooney in From Dusk Til Dawn."
More like this:
- SD’s Tourism Marketing District’s odd strategy — March 6, 2014
- Not to be outdone by Jersey Joe's, San Diego's New York Giant Slice Pizza offers "hot lesbian action" via restaurant's webcam — July 22, 2013
- Council President Todd Gloria once served as a board member for the Tourism Authority — March 28, 2013
- Tourism drops sharply for month through March 23 — March 27, 2013
- DeMaio backers behind Tourism Marketing District attack Filner in U-T San Diego — Feb. 18, 2013