Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Feb. 26
San Marcos-based RealDoll manufacturer donates doll to Filner
Abyss Creations CEO: "This has to be a very difficult time for the Mayor. We're guessing that now, more than ever, he needs something to grope."
"Look," says Abyss Creations CEO Ina Nimate, "nobody is saying that what Mayor Filner did was okay. But the pattern of behavior clearly points to something compulsive. The poor man was at the mercy of his own habits. There's all kinds of data to show that these habits are triggered by stress, and their indulgence actually releases chemicals in the brain that relieve stress. A lot of people masturbate for this reason. Apparently, Mayor Filner gropes. To be deprived of his chief form of release now, at what is probably the most stressful time of his life - well, it's pretty rough. Remember, addiction is a disease."
"And here's the thing," continues Nimate, "He's trying to be good now. He apologized, he got counseling, he set up structures to prevent his groping in the future, and eventually, he resigned altogether. At this point, San Diego is punishing him for doing the right thing. That's not right, and that's why we're sending him Cindy (above). Cindy is a top-of-the-line second-generation RealDoll, made of flesh-like silicone that has been applied to a rigid skeleton with stainless steel joints. She's extremely flexible and pliant, and it's a safe bet that she will never come forward with a complaint about his behavior."
More like this:
- Report: Silvio Berlusconi eyeing run for San Diego Mayor — Aug. 14, 2013
- In wake of Hooters ban on Filner, Tilted Kilt extends invitation to embattled Mayor — Aug. 14, 2013
- In wake of allegations, local strip club begins offering "Filner dance" — July 17, 2013
- In wake of scandal, Mayor Filner to propose new Weak Mayor guidelines — July 12, 2013
- Lincoln Club accuses Mayor Filner of ruining City's reputation. — June 21, 2013