Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., March 30
Local condiment company drops DeMaio's name from product in wake of allegations
San Diego Eats CEO: "At this point, would you buy DeMaio Mayo? Just ew."
Statement from San Diego Eats CEO Jane Queasy: "Who knows? He may be innocent [regarding claims that he masturbated in a men's room during a City Council meeting]. But we're not Nike [which kept Kobe Bryant on after he had been accused of rape in 2003. Charges against the NBA star were eventually dropped]. We can't afford to hang on while public opinion sorts itself out. So sure, keep on supporting Carl DeMaio, if that's your thing. And keep on buying our mayonnaise. Just please don't think of the two at the same time."
More like this:
- Amazon Original Programming preparing pilot based on San Diego politics — Sept. 4, 2013
- Hueso, Emerald reconfirm statements on DeMaio behavior — Aug. 28, 2013
- Ex-Wired editor's DIY drone company releases first models — Nov. 5, 2012
- "G-U-I-L-T-Y": Filner camp accuses DeMaio of secret meetings with U-T brass on Facebook — Oct. 6, 2012
- U-T San Diego introduces SLU-T — Oct. 1, 2012