Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
Local condiment company drops DeMaio's name from product in wake of allegations
San Diego Eats CEO: "At this point, would you buy DeMaio Mayo? Just ew."
Statement from San Diego Eats CEO Jane Queasy: "Who knows? He may be innocent [regarding claims that he masturbated in a men's room during a City Council meeting]. But we're not Nike [which kept Kobe Bryant on after he had been accused of rape in 2003. Charges against the NBA star were eventually dropped]. We can't afford to hang on while public opinion sorts itself out. So sure, keep on supporting Carl DeMaio, if that's your thing. And keep on buying our mayonnaise. Just please don't think of the two at the same time."
More like this:
- Hueso, Emerald reconfirm statements on DeMaio behavior — Aug. 28, 2013
- DeMaio to host "Champagne with the Campaign" event in hopes of attracting support from women — June 14, 2013
- San Carlos Area Council meeting hosts Carl DeMaio — May 3, 2013
- Mayoral Campaign Heats Up! — June 18, 2012
- No Double Dipping — Feb. 12, 2009