Dave Rice 2:30 p.m., May 22
Sunroad developer announces plan to name 9-foot Centrum Park easement "Filner Alley"
Statement from Sunroad: "With Filner gone, there shouldn't be any more trouble about our dealings with the city on this really very minor matter of taking a teeny tiny slice of public parkland and mixing in a little private interest. That is a great relief, and naming the easement after the former Mayor seemed like the least we could do. And in the end, isn't an alley the right sort of space for the man?"
More like this:
- “Free” city land just got pricey — Aug. 22, 2014
- Sunroad to salvage soured sweetheart deal? — Aug. 12, 2014
- Judge denies Sunroad's free-speech argument — Nov. 17, 2013
- City Attorney's one-eighty on Sunroad. Office calls Sunroad lawsuit a "sham" — Aug. 20, 2013
- The current Sunroad blowup shows rank hypocrisy — June 30, 2013