Johnny Caito 7:07 p.m., July 28
Sunroad developer announces plan to name 9-foot Centrum Park easement "Filner Alley"
Statement from Sunroad: "With Filner gone, there shouldn't be any more trouble about our dealings with the city on this really very minor matter of taking a teeny tiny slice of public parkland and mixing in a little private interest. That is a great relief, and naming the easement after the former Mayor seemed like the least we could do. And in the end, isn't an alley the right sort of space for the man?"
More like this:
- Judge denies Sunroad's free-speech argument — Nov. 17, 2013
- City Attorney's one-eighty on Sunroad. Office calls Sunroad lawsuit a "sham" — Aug. 20, 2013
- Public records show a close working relationship between Councilmember Lorie Zapf and Sunroad Vice President Tom Story — July 8, 2013
- The current Sunroad blowup shows rank hypocrisy — June 30, 2013
- Then along came the $100,000 -- City Attorney and councilmember question two mystery checks from Sunroad — June 12, 2013