Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., March 27
In wake of Frye resignation, Mayor Filner declares Open Government project closed
"I'm not about to waste my time giving people what they manifestly don't want."
Screencap of city's Open Government website.
"[Former public transparency czar] Donna [Frye] was a capable woman," said the mayor in a statement. "But even she wasn't capable of making San Diegans give a damn about the momentous decisions made every day behind closed doors at City Hall that directly impact the lives of everyone who lives here. Weird, right? Anyway, we wish her all the best."
More like this:
- City Attorney's one-eighty on Sunroad. Office calls Sunroad lawsuit a "sham" — Aug. 20, 2013
- Go Bob Go!!! Don't resign Filner! We the people need you now more than ever! — July 16, 2013
- Democrat Avengers Assemble! — Nov. 12, 2012
- What The Mayoral Candidates Say About Open Government — July 17, 2012
- Pumping Up City Council — Sept. 24, 2008