Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Sept. 15
In wake of Frye resignation, Mayor Filner declares Open Government project closed
"I'm not about to waste my time giving people what they manifestly don't want."
Screencap of city's Open Government website.
"[Former public transparency czar] Donna [Frye] was a capable woman," said the mayor in a statement. "But even she wasn't capable of making San Diegans give a damn about the momentous decisions made every day behind closed doors at City Hall that directly impact the lives of everyone who lives here. Weird, right? Anyway, we wish her all the best."
More like this:
- Is Mayor Filner being set up by special interests? — July 10, 2013
- Mayor Filner comments on public records lawsuit — April 17, 2013
- Democrat Avengers Assemble! — Nov. 12, 2012
- What The Mayoral Candidates Say About Open Government — July 17, 2012
- The Invisible Mayor — Nov. 3, 2008