Walter Mencken 6:15 p.m., Feb. 28
Chula Vista Bayfront Redevelopment Project Seeks Foreign Investment, Sends Envoys to China
Mayor: "They wouldn't own the land, just the buildings and stuff."
Leaked photo rendering of proposal causes "concern" among some city officials, but seriously, what could go wrong?
"Don't worry, we won't destroy you," jokes Chinese government investor, "you owe us too much money!"
It's a toss-up as to which element is scarier: the bank or the restaurant.
More like this:
- U-T San Diego scrambles to cover up Copley death story snafu — Nov. 21, 2012
- Chula Vista's Tourism Marketing District Director responds — Oct. 25, 2012
- Nuda Vista? — Oct. 11, 2012
- In other other news... — Sept. 7, 2012
- American Idol Hopeful Jessica Sanchese Thanks San Diego for Its Support — April 27, 2012