Vincent Farnsworth 7:30 p.m., April 24
Citing poor ticket sales, Mayoral candidates warn of possible television blackout for debates.
Despite massive PR push, San Diegans fail to sell out Convention Center's Hall H.
"It's Your Future" Ad Campaign Produces Public Shrugs: "It's not like they're telling us what's going to happen on the next episode of The Walking Dead."
KPBS Official: "We know it's tough for the fans, the people who are rooting for either DeMaio or Filner. But we figure that if they really cared, they'd actually buy a ticket and show up for the damn thing. What do we have to do, bring in scantily-clad cheerleaders for each side and have them cavort about in between exchanges? Some days, I don't think even that would be enough."
More like this:
- Fundamental(ist) Flaw — Feb. 18, 2014
- Sea World seeks to increase interest in IPO by opening Shamu: Blood in the Water — April 15, 2013
- U-T San Diego introduces SLU-T — Oct. 1, 2012
- Seven (Sun)days of Darkness? — Sept. 24, 2012
- Foodie Appeal — Nov. 29, 2007