Jay Allen Sanford 9 p.m., Oct. 22
Citing poor ticket sales, Mayoral candidates warn of possible television blackout for debates.
Despite massive PR push, San Diegans fail to sell out Convention Center's Hall H.
"It's Your Future" Ad Campaign Produces Public Shrugs: "It's not like they're telling us what's going to happen on the next episode of The Walking Dead."
KPBS Official: "We know it's tough for the fans, the people who are rooting for either DeMaio or Filner. But we figure that if they really cared, they'd actually buy a ticket and show up for the damn thing. What do we have to do, bring in scantily-clad cheerleaders for each side and have them cavort about in between exchanges? Some days, I don't think even that would be enough."
More like this:
- Scripps Ranch students sell Dirty Dancing 2 to Annapurna Pictures based on twerking video — May 3, 2013
- Sea World seeks to increase interest in IPO by opening Shamu: Blood in the Water — April 15, 2013
- Media watch: North County Times shifts to mostly-just-real-estate format — Oct. 24, 2012
- Coach-Provocateur Turner and Philip Rivers perform ritual seppuku following Monday Night Football debacle — Oct. 17, 2012
- U-T San Diego introduces SLU-T — Oct. 1, 2012