Liz Swain 2:30 p.m., Feb. 28
"We have no idea what's going on," said site owner Sadie Gumm. "But all of a sudden, we're getting hundreds of requests for Elmer Royal and Robert 'Stickum' Meachem. It's funny, I had always thought Royal's first name was Eddie. Guess these old ears must be stuck full of wax."
In unrelated news, the Chargers PR team quietly scrapped plans to release a Philip Rivers poster that played on the quarterback's Wild-West style pass-slinging.
More like this:
- Mural furor, continued! — Dec. 7, 2012
- As part of 10-year celebration, SanDiegoCityBeat dings Reader cover stories. — Aug. 24, 2012
- San Diego's New Boys of Summer? — June 18, 2012
- The Old Hidden Ball(player) Trick — March 7, 2012
- (Fast and) Loose Troop — June 15, 2011