Kabir 4:30 a.m., Aug. 27
Jung-Ho Pak announces formation of Orchestra Robotica
Almost immediatley after Orchestra Nova announced the resignation of Jung-Ho Pak, the famed conductor released an announcement of his own: the formation of an all-robot orchestra that will, as Pak puts it, "finally exhibit the range of on-stage emotion that I demand from my musicians in a precise and consistent manner. I simply type said demands into the robot's Human Adaptation Logarithm, or HAL, and faster than you can say 'Beep boop beep,' the robot is conforming precisely to my emotional expectations - and playing flawless music, to boot. All the energy of live performance and all the perfection of recorded work; it's a win-win situation for fans of classical music."
Pak then announced that Orchestra Robotica's first performance would be an arrangement built around Harry Dacre's classic American folk tune, "Daisy Bell," written by the orchestra itself.
More like this:
- Out-of-town sabotage: Orchestra Nova — Oct. 22, 2012
- Pak resigns: Orchestra Nova — Oct. 17, 2012
- Orchestra Nova New Season Already Breaking Records — Jan. 24, 2012
- Orchestra Nova Classics Season Debuts 10/22 & 10/24 — Oct. 18, 2011
- Orchestra Nova SD Season Debuts October, 75% Sold Out — Sept. 18, 2011