Mike Madriaga 9:30 a.m., Nov. 23
SDQT National Edition: U.S. airline passengers clench cheeks following news of "Colon Blow" Bomber
Following Apprehension of Bahir "Booty" Baddour, American flyers brace for increased airport security measures.
"It's not difficult to see what's coming, even if it is difficult to think about it" said Joe Pucker, who flies regularly for his job as a corporate plumbing inspector. "After the shoe bomber, we all had to take off our shoes and run 'em through the x-ray machine. After the underpants bomber, we started getting those full-body scans and genital pat-downs. So when a guy packs a pound and a half of explosives up his backside and gets foiled only because his lunchtime chili dog doesn't sit well, well, I don't think you need me to draw you a picture. Or want me to draw one."
More like this:
- ComicFest Day 2 Photo Report: Sci-fi fans & Jokerman — Oct. 5, 2013
- ComicFest Day 1 Photo Report: Local lights & men in tights — Oct. 4, 2013
- Last-minute San Diego Halloween costumes — Oct. 31, 2012
- Mayor Sanders endorses Carl DeMaio for mayor during zoo visit — Oct. 1, 2012
- 50 Years Later: Vintage Newspapers from the Week Marilyn Monroe Died — Aug. 4, 2012