Anne Terhune 9:30 a.m., April 18
Why Does Obama Hate San Diego?
President Declares Support for Gay Marriage, Completely Overshadows CIty's Historic Creation of Nation's First Harvey Milk Street.
"Now everybody's gonna have one - and nobody's even gonna notice."
MOPING AROUND HILLCREST - "Two days," muttered City Councilman Todd Gloria. "Two freaking days." Gloria was referring to the length of time after San Diego made national history by naming a street after slain gay politician Harvey Milk but before President Obama made national history by endorsing gay marriage. "I mean, he couldn't have waited until the debates in the fall? Given us a little time in the spotlight? We could have been part of all the news stories that covered the tense buildup to the declaration. 'Five states have already legalized gay marriage, and San Diego recently became the first American city to honor Harvey Milk...' But no. Now we're just part of the big gay stampede. I blame Biden."
More like this:
- Federal Government Declares Moral Quarantine on San Diego — July 20, 2012
- Louis Farrakhan's San Diego Visit Goes Largely Unnoticed — June 12, 2012
- Gays v. Feminists? — May 8, 2012
- Judges Say Gay Stay Still in Play in CA for Today — Feb. 7, 2012
- Doodle Four-Outta San Diego — Nov. 22, 2010