Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., March 10
"Why Doesn't Anyone Believe Us?"
City Official Issues Strongly Worded Whine About Media's Lack of Credulousness
San Diego Chief Operating Officer Jay Goldbrick: "The city's budget really is balanced. In fact, tough financial decisions, combined with smart management practices, have allowed us to pass a budget with a $16 million surplus. Also, there is a giant crab on top of the downtown Hall of Justice. No one's buying? Really? I can't believe you people."
Will the budget surplus be enough to assuage his crabby wrath?
More like this:
- In landmark deal, bankrupt Detroit agrees to pipe water to thirsty San Diego — Dec. 13, 2013
- "Groceries for Guns" Yields Bumper Crop for Local Gang — Dec. 20, 2011
- Silver Lining In City's Five-Year Financial Forecast — Oct. 19, 2011
- Busted: Dumanis Denies Involvement in Pines Case, Photos Tell a Different Story — Sept. 13, 2011
- "Oh, dread, he's up to my..." — June 22, 2011