Dorian Hargrove 7:30 p.m., Dec. 1
"Why Doesn't Anyone Believe Us?"
City Official Issues Strongly Worded Whine About Media's Lack of Credulousness
San Diego Chief Operating Officer Jay Goldbrick: "The city's budget really is balanced. In fact, tough financial decisions, combined with smart management practices, have allowed us to pass a budget with a $16 million surplus. Also, there is a giant crab on top of the downtown Hall of Justice. No one's buying? Really? I can't believe you people."
Will the budget surplus be enough to assuage his crabby wrath?
More like this:
- In landmark deal, bankrupt Detroit agrees to pipe water to thirsty San Diego — Dec. 13, 2013
- Maxed out? — June 12, 2013
- Big Bang Theory — July 5, 2012
- Congresswoman Susan Davis: "Let's Pretend You Have a Representative Government." — July 21, 2011
- Update San Diego, 2/03/2011 — Feb. 3, 2011