2 p.m., Dec. 10
Camp Pendleton General to Lead Inquiry into "Operation Golden Shower"
Marine Corps commander Gen. John Able today announced that Camp Pendlteon-based Lt. Gen. Tim Wolfhausen, commanding general of Marine Corps Forces Central Command, will oversee an investigation into the recently released video of Marines urinating on the corpses of enemy combatants in Afghanistan.
"I know that a lot of pissy critics out there are saying that the Marines' effort to ensure humane treatment of the enemy is just pissing in the wind," says Wolfhausen. "And I know that war is often ugly, and that its brutality can leave men full of piss and vinegar.
"But I also know that if we allow examples this kind of piss-poor judgment on the part of United States soldiers to go unaddressed, we are going to have even more pissed-off Afghanis on our hands that ever before. You had best believe that there will be a thorough investigation, and that those at fault will be shitcanned."
More like this:
- Help us rename the Marine Corps Mud Run! — July 2, 2016
- Brass moves Marine Corps Times to back of the store — Feb. 10, 2014
- High Explosive Munitions Testing to Occur at Camp Pendleton — April 16, 2013
- Navy Loses Shirt on Solar Project at Camp Pendleton — Dec. 21, 2011
- Camp Pendleton Commander: Stop the Madness — Dec. 14, 2011