Scott Marks 2 p.m., April 26
Chef Jeff Jackson of The Lodge at Torrey Pines' A.R. Valentein restaurant announces special addition to seafood menu.
Jackson: "A.R. Valentein's award-winning farm-to-table program puts us in a unique position to take advantage of special, limited-time opportunities arising from particular events, however unpredictable. Remember my Red Tide Rising tasting menu, when I incorporated bioluminescent bacteria into all nine courses, including the clear ahi gelatin served in total darkness at the start of the meal, so that it looked like you were spooning up floating fairy dust? Yeah, this is kind of like that."
More like this:
- Not the Bees! — March 5, 2012
- V-Day: Vagina Monologues to Be Performed at Local Strip Club — Feb. 14, 2012
- Strong Mayor: Snapdragon's Secret Weapon! — Feb. 3, 2012
- Casting Candy Land — Feb. 2, 2012
- Great Coffee and a Strangely Dense Pastry at Urban Grind — Feb. 1, 2012