Jeff Smith 2 p.m., Dec. 18
Walter Mencken's Almost Factual Christmas gift recommendations #4
The "Money Pit" Educational Facility Piggy Bank!
Teach your kids to invest in their future the California way! From 2000 (Prop 39), to 2002 (Prop 47), to 2004 (Prop 55), to 2006 (Prop 1D), to 2012 (Prop 30), the state has always been ready to pour more money into its eternally crumbling school facilities. Toss in local measures such as the recent Prop MM and this year's Prop Z, and you begin to understand: you can put as much money as you want into the educational piggy bank, and it will still have room for more! (Your kids will think it's magic; only you will know the secret of the Administrator's Siphon) Plus, with our new "union-strong" one-piece body construction, they'll find it's all but impossible to ever take their money out for silly expenditures like candy and shoes!
More like this:
- Ghost of Richard Nixon holds press conference: "You won't have Bob Filner to kick around any more." — Aug. 23, 2013
- Leaked photos reveal scope of Romney's La Jolla remodel — March 4, 2013
- Last-minute San Diego Halloween costumes — Oct. 31, 2012
- China Vista? — Sept. 27, 2012
- "Putting the 'Edge' Back in 'Education.'" — May 31, 2012