Robert Bush 5 p.m., Jan. 23
Representative Duncan Hunter Proposes Solution to Mexican Truck Debate
Plan Would Allow Mexican Trucks to Bring Products Into United States, Provided they Carry Illegal Immigrants During Return to Mexico
"NAFTA is a two-way street!"
"My opposition to Project Floodgates has always been on the grounds that Mexican trucks would take American jobs," explained Hunter as he thoughtfully munched an adobado burrito with extra hot sauce. "But if those trucks take even just a few illegals back with them every time they head South to reload - well, let's just say that the American strawberry picker will once again have a fighting chance."
Unfortunately, representatives of the American Strawberry Pickers Union could not be located for comment.
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Pickers are Afraid of Losing Jobs; Suit Prepared Against "Sola Basic" — Jan. 8, 2013
- Sinaloa Cartel Opens "Foie Gras Feeding Tube" Into U.S. — July 3, 2012
- Teamsters, Lawyers Square Off in Mexican Truck Debate — Oct. 24, 2011
- Yes We Can Send You Back Where You Came From — May 31, 2011
- Mexican Immigration Laws — April 13, 2009