Don Bauder 2:30 p.m., Aug. 1
A Peek Behind the Curtain
Dearest SD on the QT readers: We here at SD on the QT prefer, as a rule, not to show you how the sausage is made. Journalism isn't always a pretty business, especially when you're getting the "news you won't find anywhere else." But as we prepare our story on the Lakeside gal who tried to hit pop-tart Justin Bieber with a paternity suit, we thought we'd share this hilarious tidbit from the San Diego Moonsun-Bibspoon:
Got that? After reporting on a 20-year-old woman's claim that she deflowered a 17-year-old pop singer and got pregnant with his baby after he insisted on stepping out without a raincoat, the editorial overlords ask that our comments on the matter be "relevant, respectful, honest, discreet, and responsible." Sort of everything this story isn't.
Start the sausage grinder!
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- San Diegans for Safe Drinking Water Claim Fluoridation Leads to Superfluous Apostrophes — Oct. 26, 2011
- Strong Mayor: Stadium Tour 2011 — Aug. 23, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- "Oh, dread, he's up to my..." — June 22, 2011