Susan Luzzaro 6:32 p.m., March 16
"Don't Worry, There Will Be Eggs"
Plan for 500-foot "Rabbit Ears" sculpture on Navy Pier elicits confusion, concern.
"Everybody loves bunnies!"
SIX ROUNDS IN AT THE WATERFRONT BAR, DOWNTOWN - "Rabbits," slurred Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum Director Anton Marshall. "San Diego and rabbits. San Diego IS rabbits. It's iconic. I mean, why not, right? The Sydney Opera House looks like a gold-darn armadillo. Easter has a rabbit, and that doesn't make any sense at all, and nobody complains. Why? Because somebody told 'em that's how it's gonna be. They didn't hold public hearings to discuss the inclusion of a rabbit in Easter. So why do I gotta sit and listen to people complain about my proposal? People don't need to complain. They need to shut up and be told. People are sheep. Maybe that's what I shoulda done. A sheep, yeah..."
The interview then concluded due to Marshall's deep snoring.
More like this:
- How hard is it to get rid of a rabbit? — March 20, 2013
- Water Fight Gets Dirty — Oct. 18, 2011
- Top Gun Remake to Do Away with Homoerotic Subtext, Raise Homoeroticism to Level of Text — Sept. 22, 2011
- Congresswoman Susan Davis: "Let's Pretend You Have a Representative Government." — July 21, 2011
- City of Artless Politics — Dec. 2, 1999