Susan Luzzaro 5:30 p.m., Dec. 7
Plan for 500-foot "Rabbit Ears" sculpture on Navy Pier elicits confusion, concern.
"Everybody loves bunnies!"
SIX ROUNDS IN AT THE WATERFRONT BAR, DOWNTOWN - "Rabbits," slurred Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum Director Anton Marshall. "San Diego and rabbits. San Diego IS rabbits. It's iconic. I mean, why not, right? The Sydney Opera House looks like a gold-darn armadillo. Easter has a rabbit, and that doesn't make any sense at all, and nobody complains. Why? Because somebody told 'em that's how it's gonna be. They didn't hold public hearings to discuss the inclusion of a rabbit in Easter. So why do I gotta sit and listen to people complain about my proposal? People don't need to complain. They need to shut up and be told. People are sheep. Maybe that's what I shoulda done. A sheep, yeah..."
The interview then concluded due to Marshall's deep snoring.
More like this:
- How hard is it to get rid of a rabbit? — March 20, 2013
- On the Trail of a Complaint — Oct. 24, 2012
- Water Fight Gets Dirty — Oct. 18, 2011
- Congresswoman Susan Davis: "Let's Pretend You Have a Representative Government." — July 21, 2011
- City of Artless Politics — Dec. 2, 1999