Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Sept. 29
May 2007: SDSU Alpha Phi sister Shirley “Jenny” Poliakoff dies following attendance at a sorority formal; post-mortem exams reveal the presence of cocaine and alcohol in her system.
May 2008: Following the Poliakoff tragedy, SDSU and the United States Drug Enforcement Administration launch a yearlong investigation into on-campus drug activity, which results in a massive drug bust on the anniversary of her death.
May 2011: Playboy magazine names SDSU's Alpha Phi as the nation's hottest sorority as part of its Top Party School rankings.
More like this:
- Google Ogle — Jan. 3, 2015
- Horror House — Nov. 14, 2014
- SDSU sororities get in on the offensive party-wear action — May 2, 2013
- Not the Usual Sort of Fraternity-Related Blackout — Sept. 9, 2011
- I Don't Need This Aggregation — June 2, 1988