Jay Allen Sanford 9:31 p.m., Sept. 30
May 2007: SDSU Alpha Phi sister Shirley “Jenny” Poliakoff dies following attendance at a sorority formal; post-mortem exams reveal the presence of cocaine and alcohol in her system.
May 2008: Following the Poliakoff tragedy, SDSU and the United States Drug Enforcement Administration launch a yearlong investigation into on-campus drug activity, which results in a massive drug bust on the anniversary of her death.
May 2011: Playboy magazine names SDSU's Alpha Phi as the nation's hottest sorority as part of its Top Party School rankings.
More like this:
- This week in the San Diego clubs, May 30–June 5 — May 29, 2013
- SDSU sororities get in on the offensive party-wear action — May 2, 2013
- U-T Asks to Renegotiate Street Hawker Program — Nov. 2, 2012
- Not the Usual Sort of Fraternity-Related Blackout — Sept. 9, 2011
- Casino economy — May 19, 2010