• Almost Factual News alerts

PARADE AFTERMATH, UNIVERSITY AVENUE - "Forward-thinking companies like Vons, Albertson's, AT&T, and Hewlett-Packard have been supporters of the Pride Parade for years," says Susie Drummond, Chair of San Diego LGBT Pride for 2011.

"But, sadly, they haven't managed to capitalize on the cultural cachet that should come from supporting this important and fabulous event. So this year, they asked me to help increase public awareness of their involvement - you know, something more than a little logo on our web page. I was more than happy to oblige, and as you can see, so were the parade participants."

Image

Image

Image

Finally, Drummond was pleased to reveal a preview image from Platinum Sponsor Bud Light's upcoming ad campaign. "Move over, Schmitt's Gay, there's a new GLBT-friendly beer in town! Pretty impressive, especially when you consider that this same beer is now the official beer of the NFL. Maybe we really can just all get along."

Image

• Almost Factual News alerts

Comments

Mindy Ross July 19, 2011 @ 12:42 p.m.

Oh Lord! And the gays wonder why people don't want to kept them! I suggest people also Bing "Go Proud," to see how the other half lives. Not all gays are freaks. Some pictures just ought to be outlawed and the one in the middle here is one of them.

I'm all in favor of taking away his constitutional right to no dress like that. It makes me sick.

Honey, if you're reading this, there's nothing proud about that.

SurfPuppy619 July 19, 2011 @ 5:24 p.m.

I agree 100%.

Images like this, do not promote a responsible adult-or their beliefs. And the right wing bible thumpers sieze on images like this to deny support to LL gays, and try to paint the entire gay population as TYPICAL of this clown in the middle pic, and that is not the case.

nan shartel July 19, 2011 @ 6:36 p.m.

i want those boots!!!! ;-D

gimmee them u slutbutt!!!

kisses blown to all the respectable LGBT community here in San Diego

SurfPuppy619 July 20, 2011 @ 12:19 a.m.

If you get them please model em for me!

Evelyn July 19, 2011 @ 9:28 p.m.

i saw worse... like a guy in underwear and big rainbow wings. boots guy is totally more covered up than rainbow wings was.

vampirewriter Aug. 6, 2011 @ 8:12 a.m.

I personally know the gentleman wearing the boots and harness thong. Those who dress-out in that manner are only doing it for the "shock" factor. You would be amazed at how many people request to have a picture taken with him while wearing those outfits. I am concerned that your paper would take a picture of him and photoshop the Well's Fargo logo across his chest. Did you get permission from this individual and Well's Fargo before posting the picture??? I was there at the parade and he did not have that logo painted on his chest. The two nearly naked gentlemen probably make up less than 2% of the parade participants that want to "bare it all", and does not fairly represent what Pride stands for in the community...