Jeff Smith 6 p.m., Feb. 27
Proud Pride Sponsors at 2011 Parade
PARADE AFTERMATH, UNIVERSITY AVENUE - "Forward-thinking companies like Vons, Albertson's, AT&T, and Hewlett-Packard have been supporters of the Pride Parade for years," says Susie Drummond, Chair of San Diego LGBT Pride for 2011.
"But, sadly, they haven't managed to capitalize on the cultural cachet that should come from supporting this important and fabulous event. So this year, they asked me to help increase public awareness of their involvement - you know, something more than a little logo on our web page. I was more than happy to oblige, and as you can see, so were the parade participants."
Finally, Drummond was pleased to reveal a preview image from Platinum Sponsor Bud Light's upcoming ad campaign. "Move over, Schmitt's Gay, there's a new GLBT-friendly beer in town! Pretty impressive, especially when you consider that this same beer is now the official beer of the NFL. Maybe we really can just all get along."
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Anatomy Of An Ad Campaign: Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs — July 25, 2011
- Cinepolis: the Bar & Menu — July 21, 2011