10:55 p.m., Aug. 31
In Preparation for Matchup Against Bills, Local Sports Bars to Offer Consciousness-Obliterating Special Cocktail Lineup - and at Cheaper Price than Unsold Chargers Ticket
"Even if you could see it on TV - would you want to?"
SETTING THEM UP AND KNOCKING THEM DOWN, BULLY'S EAST - "It starts with the Charger Blue & Goldschlager," says Bully's East bartender Gruff McGill. "We get the blue from Curacao. Then we move on to the Pjagermeister. It's sort of a silly joke, but Jagermeister translates to 'Hunt Master.' Jagermeister with a 'P' is 'Punt-Master,' as in, what you call a team that scores as little as the Chargers. We add a touch of Peppermint Schnapps to justify the 'P.' Then it's on to the Rivers Intercept - that's just our name for a double martini. We started calling it that after Rivers' fifth game with at least two interceptions. And finally, the Bills Blackout: Everclear and Buffalo Trace Bourbon, lit on fire and downed in one shot. Goodnight, sweetheart - see you on Monday!"
More like this:
- Coach-Provocateur Turner: "It's all part of the plan." — Oct. 10, 2012
- Seven (Sun)days of Darkness? — Sept. 24, 2012
- Philip Rivers to Coach Turner: "Please Stop Making Me Throw All Those Interceptions" — Nov. 3, 2011
- Dressed Down — Sept. 12, 2011
- Somewhere Marty Is Laughing — Sept. 20, 2007