Okay, my cat saw me on this site and requested she be able to start a blog, too. I wanted to turn her down, tell her that there are rules and guidelines but then I remembered she knows where and when I sleep. I know her too well. So I'll humor her for a bit. She has done this before. Stella asked me to post a link directing you to her others. You can search by my name on that site and find all 11 installments that are posted there.

October 17, 2009 A.D.C. (Awesome Domestic Cat)

I'm not sure what Two Legs has told you about me. I asked him to give you a link to the other times I pawed out some things. If he's smart, you have the link. Since Two Legs appears to not be an idiot, I'll assume he has provided you with the link and you have read them, or at least some of them. So instead of going back over everything, I will give you the short version of it all.

My name is Stella though Two Legs has all these little nicknames for me. I'm okay with that, so long as he continues to feed me and make sure I get the attention I require. Two Legs is the human that takes care of me. I was once told my breed name is Bombay but that makes no sense to me. Where or who is this Bombay they speak of? I'm all black with round copper eyes. Imagine a panther, but smaller. I couldn't tell you specifically how old I am since I don't really have much grasp on the concept of time but again, I'm okay with that. Two Legs gave me extra treats a while back so I'm thinking that day was important.

(Poster's Note: Stella turned three about two months ago. We celebrated some.)

There was one of me that used to live with us. His name was Alo (pronounced "ah-low") but he's not here anymore. He got very sick and one day Two Legs came home with wet things pouring out of his eyes. I knew then that Alo, my best friend, wasn't coming back. That was a long time ago and I still I miss him. I heard Two Legs call him a Turkish Angora. He was all white with the same bright eyes and he had a ton of hair that acted as a very nice cushion, so long as Alo was okay with it.

Ok, so now that the introductions are out of the way, I should get down to business. Now, Two Legs informed me that the blog should preferably have something to do with the neighborhood we live in. Since Two Legs refuses to let me leave the inside of this box, much to my protests,-

(Poster's Note: I don't keep my cat in a box. I think she means apartment. And she's not going outside. Period.)

-I can't really tell you what's outside of here. So in a way, my insight into the neighborhood is limited to whatever view I have out the windows. However, I believe that there is no other cat that can do this as well as I can. I mean, I sit in the windows all day and watch the neighborhood unfold beneath me. What else are you looking for?

Well, it has been a while since I have pawed this much at once so I'm going to quit here. I will post something soon. It has been a pleasure meeting you all. And now, in fine tradition, a final meow.

"The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry." ~~ French Proverb

Comments

SDaniels Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:06 p.m.

"Stella asked me to post a link directing you to her others."

Adam, this particular link isn't working. You know you can repost this part of the entry with "Edit blog?" (I don't know how to post the links, but can do this).

SDaniels Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:09 p.m.

"Along with his cousin the Turkish Van, the Angora is known for his swimming prowess, and will even plunge in for an occasional swim. Not every Turkish Angora enjoys water, but many do, with varying degrees of enthusiasm."

Ah, answers my question! Stella: So did Alo like to paddle around in the tub on occasion? Mica is obsessed with drinking from the bathroom sink faucet, and often curls up there with a steady stream of water running over his fur. He says not to worry about it--he has a thick coat. :)

SDaniels Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:15 p.m.

Stella, maybe Two Legs will get you a window seat or perch to facilitate your observations. Mica likes to sit on SD's old toy chest, which has a built-in seat, in front of the bedroom window, but has still been eyeing these perches (likes the sleek design of #12). And he already has a perch up to the ceiling in the livingroom--greedy feline!

Adam92102 Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:17 p.m.

Ok, fixed the link. Thanks SD.

Stella is chasing a shadow right now so I will answer your question. Alo was not a big fan of water, actually. After a shower, though, he would go in and lick the water dripping from the faucet but actually continuously getting wet, he never seemed to venture that far. Not sure why but apparently your situation with Mica is more typical than mine.

CuddleFish Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:17 p.m.

Oh my, now this is a blog I am going to love, love, love!!!

Thanks, Stella, I look forward to reading your work!!! Who knows, maybe the Reader will reward your efforts!!

And, yes, I did read all your previous entries at WritersCafe.org, under Two Legs' other name, Adam Greenfield. Great stuff. :)

SDaniels Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:18 p.m.

Oops, 'scratch' post #1--link is now working.

CuddleFish Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:19 p.m.

Oh and sorry to hear about Alo. I enjoyed reading about him in the previous stories.

RIP, Alo.

CuddleFish Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:23 p.m.

Reading the link about Bombays, it interests me that Stella can be trained to walk on a leash!!!!

Adam92102 Oct. 17, 2009 @ 5:23 p.m.

Oh, SD, you shouldn't have shown me that link. Bye, money.

I have this one but it's not in front of a window. There is, however, a little perch that stands on the ground that is the perfect height for the window she enjoys so much.

SDaniels Oct. 17, 2009 @ 6:06 p.m.

I know, those models are SWEET! I love the little statements peppered throughout, like "Make your cat love you!" I have never seen the model with a hammock-type sling--Mica would surely dig that. His "tree" is very basic, with three platform levels, and he sleeps up top. He gets very kittenish sometimes when up there, and will bat at any hands approaching. (When he bats, it is hilarious, like an ill-tempered little kid trying to hit at someone, but with giant mittens on).

I agree, Stella's blog is going to be a 'hit' of another kind altogether! :)

antigeekess Oct. 17, 2009 @ 8:01 p.m.

Hey Two Legs, the HTML tags only work in the blog, not in the comments. You probably figured that out by now. :)

So sorry to hear of the loss of Alo. He must've been a beautiful boy. I was so grief-stricken when my Simba left in 2004 that I pretty much lost a job over it.

Lovin' me some Stella! Please bribe her with extra treats to keep her writing!

Adam92102 Oct. 17, 2009 @ 9:41 p.m.

AG, yes, Alo was an amazing looking cat. If I could show you a picture, I would. And yes, I was done for close to a month after losing Alo. He was only 3 years old and I had to put him to sleep or subject him to repeated vet visits about once a month for the rest of his life. And that was if he even recovered from his illness. The prospects weren't looking good and I couldn't put him through any more of it. It just killed me to see him like that. I think he's in a better place but like Stella, I miss him something fierce and it has been since the first week of August last year.

SD, I would to figure out a way to build a little hammock for Stella somewhere. Like Mica, I'm sure she would dig that a good bit. And the cat tree is definitely a big hit with Stella, just as it was with Alo.

I will pass on the praise to Stella. I'm sure she would appreciate it (if not be vain enough to know she deserves it... silly cat). I'm sure it will be an inspiration to write more.

SDaniels Oct. 18, 2009 @ 3:48 a.m.

Adam: “Alo was an amazing looking cat. If I could show you a picture, I would.”

I think I might actually have done something technical here!

Stella, star stenographer:

Alo and Stella:

CuddleFish Oct. 18, 2009 @ 4:21 a.m.

Yay, SDaniels!!!

What beautiful pictures, Adam! :)

SDaniels Oct. 18, 2009 @ 4:56 a.m.

Beautiful cats, aren't they? Both very interesting breeds; I once had an Abyssian/Ocicat mix--we had to give her to a good family living where she could be outdoors/indoors. A boyfriend had a Bombay who was as talkative as a Siamese, and with that sleek black fur and round gold eyes--Stella also looks like quite a character :)

Adam92102 Oct. 18, 2009 @ 10:28 a.m.

SD, you rock. Not sure how you did that but I like it. Thanks!

Yeah, Stella is definitely a character. Very talkative. I could also sit for about 10 minutes and have a "conversation" with Alo. He loved talking. Damn, I miss that cat.

antigeekess Oct. 18, 2009 @ 10:48 a.m.

Awww, beautiful kitties. Like Yin and Yang, all curled together like that.

I know Siamese are 'supposed' to be the most talkative, but I really think that any cat that's talked to a lot will become very vocal and talk back.

Case in point: My ex-roommate's cat, a large green-eyed black panther named Joe. Never said a word before I got there. By the time I left, he never shut up.

The roommate was 'very' appreciative.

SDaniels Oct. 19, 2009 @ 12:25 a.m.

Adam, it was my pleasure, and easy as pie!

Just kept two windows open, one for the Reader, and one of your cafewriters' page, which has general assortment of your pics (you're a hottie, btw, in case you weren't informed :).

Just copied the link from the address bar, say, after clicking twice on Stella to enlarge her, then pasted that link into the message at the Reader site.

What I can't figure out is how to do links to stuff that isn't online, like just pics of my cat I have stored on files on my computer. AG? Anyone? I'd love to share a photo of Mica.

antigeekess Oct. 19, 2009 @ 12:43 a.m.

Beats me, SD. I'd guess you have to upload them to photobucket, flickr or whatever.

Better yet, you could do a YouTube slideshow. :)

Got enough pics?

CuddleFish Oct. 19, 2009 @ 7:52 a.m.

If you just want to hotlink them, then yes, upload to Flickr or Photobucket, then paste the direct link in here.

To load the actual photo into a thread, like nan does, you can do that through the Manage My Blog page.