Garrett Harris 4 p.m., Jan. 16
- Community Blog
- Abnormal Heights
Disolve CCDC and SEDC
After all the scandals, and the clear inability of the city to oversee these quasi-private companies, it's time to dissolve the Centre City Development Corporation (CCDC) and Southeastern Economic Development Corporation (SEDC).
These two organizations are unaccountable to voters, and have been hotbeds of fraud and cover ups in San Diego.
They started with a good purpose, but have been taken over by powerful special interests to the detriment of the public.
CCDC and SEDC must be dissolved to restore confidence in how our public money is spent in San Diego.
Time to stop subsidizing wealthy developers and return our attention to basic infrastructure, public safety, and encouraging the small businesses that make up the backbone of our local economy. No more back room deals, eminent domain abuse, and diversion of redevelopment funds.
We cannot mend it, so it's time to end it. Dissolve the CCDC and SEDC both.
More like this:
- Recent SEDC Audit to City Raises More Questions than Answers — Sept. 18, 2008
- Why Independents Support Whitburn — Sept. 17, 2008
- Fraud, CCDC, SEDC, and the not-so-controlling parent CSDRA (AKA San Diego City Council) — Sept. 12, 2008
- County Grand Jury recommends consolidation of CCDC, SEDC into single redevelopment agency — Sept. 10, 2008
- Recalling Tony Young? — July 30, 2008