Chad Deal 5:05 p.m., May 23
By early this afternoon and the breeze from the pacific arose and the smell of fire was in the air. The owners of the airplane engine shop were out in the street and thankful. The fire had started on the back wall and when they awoke the exit out was blocked. The one stair case down to get out was ablaze, the husband was trying to extinguis the fire himself while the wife called 911.. Upon arrival of the fire department the couple was trapped upstairs. A ladder placed on the side of the building and fire rescue men helped them out. Today in conversation the wife was so positive about her life and death situation. A smile came to her as a hug was shared between herself and I, I told her I was glad that no one was hurt, she said she was thankful for the fire men helping them, She said they were so good looking and remained casual about seeing her in her nightgown. I smiled at this thought as well. I told her son to give both his parents extra hugs today and hope he appreciates them even more. Fire, grace and humor, we should all be able to face danger with such integrity.