Enough food to feed the hungry.

Enough families to adopt the orphaned.

Enough shelter to house the homeless.

Enough rain to grow the seed.

Enough sun to nourish the plant.

Enough trees to replenish the air.

Enough ambition to make it happen.

Enough knowledge to know it can be done.

Enough time so there is no end.....

Comments

Robert Johnston July 18, 2010 @ 5:30 p.m.

Here's a bit more...

Enough love to overcome hate. Enough faith to overthrow evil. Enough wisdom to call out Bravo Sierra. Enough books to elevate thinking. Enough hugs to soothe a nation. Enough music to soothe our hearts. Enough empathy to heal our pain. Enough courage to continue writing. Enough peace to discourage war.

Add more as you wish. --LPR

David Dodd July 18, 2010 @ 6:50 p.m.

Enough politics to create irony

Enough irony to spawn ambiguity

Enough ambiguity to defeat politics.

Joe Poutous July 18, 2010 @ 8:16 p.m.

Enough whiskey to make me smile

Enough spice to make me blush

Enough art to keep me sane

Enough offshore breeze so I can breath

Too much Sriracha in my Pho

I kinda dig this... more!

Joe Poutous July 18, 2010 @ 8:30 p.m.

oh, and refried... nice circular poetry there.

nan shartel July 18, 2010 @ 8:37 p.m.

enough JUSTICE to make me proud

enough PRIDE to make me care

enough CARE to make me Just

this is fun!!!

Duhbya July 19, 2010 @ 9:22 a.m.

Enough knowledge still gained when we're wizened eNough fruit to remind us from whence we've risen enOugh truth to shield us from growing fear enoUgh soul mates to nurture while we're here enouGh intuition to never lose our path enougH love to defuse the coming wrath

David Dodd July 19, 2010 @ 4:55 p.m.

Thanks Joe and nan, and Duhbya, that was entirely clever!

Grasca July 19, 2010 @ 6:16 p.m.

Enough good will to fill the Gulf of Mexico. Touching.

MsGrant July 19, 2010 @ 8:08 p.m.

Enough ace to return the hardest of serves Enought brace to withstand the hardest of curves Enough case to carry the heaviest load Enough face to save when given the goad Enough grace to turn the cemented cheek Enough lace to strengthen the fabric of meek Enough mace to stave the most dangerous foe Enough pace to know if you must you can go Enough race to run if indeed you must flee Enough trace to leave if you get to be free Enough vase for flowers memorial day Enough ways to say - fight less and more play

David Dodd July 19, 2010 @ 8:17 p.m.

Wow, MsGrant, that was outstanding! Not just the rhyme and rhythm, but the flow. Some of y'all are amazing with words.

MsGrant July 19, 2010 @ 8:26 p.m.

Thanks, RFG, I am glad you liked it! I enjoyed yours as well.

David Dodd July 19, 2010 @ 9:30 p.m.

Thanks, MsGrant. I was inspired by the initial blog entry, along with the other positive comments and contributions. Seems that you were as well :)

nan shartel July 19, 2010 @ 9:53 p.m.

Even when i'm down and out

Never will i cast a doubt

Only love will intercede

Unifying every need

Giving vent to gladness songs

Helping us to sing along

David Dodd July 19, 2010 @ 9:58 p.m.

I bow so humbly to the poets in this thread :)

Nan, you are wonderful.

Duhbya July 20, 2010 @ 4:48 a.m.

Re #15: Your quote: "Talk about the site and not each other."

Lemme guess. Cathedral?

Grasca July 20, 2010 @ 6:13 a.m.

24 Enough class to act like a gentleman.

Duhbya July 20, 2010 @ 9:07 a.m.

This from one consistently displaying enough snark to satiate a shark. Enough period. BTW, my betrothed tells me I'm a mensch. Your results may vary.

David Dodd July 20, 2010 @ 9:31 a.m.

Duhbya, I will vouch for that mensch status of yours. Of course, my better half once referred to me as having a corazon de piedra, a heart of stone. I'm still trying to figure that one out, a decade later ;)

Grasca July 20, 2010 @ 9:54 a.m.

Enough love to find something good in everyone. Even the haters.

Founder July 20, 2010 @ 9:56 a.m.

27 RFG, That means you ROCK...

but I'd have to had Bean there to be sure, ENOUGH!

Grasca July 20, 2010 @ 9:58 a.m.

Enough Beano to prevent flatulence.

Founder July 20, 2010 @ 10 a.m.

28 Big Gators

...... LOVE Haters, CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

David Dodd July 20, 2010 @ 10:07 a.m.

@ #29: Founder, I'm pretty sure that she was referring to some perceived (or perhaps real) capability I've shown over the past couple of decades to remain emotionless in spite of some emotional family crisis. At least, I hope that's what it was ;)

And it's funny, a few years ago I lost a close friend and fell apart finally, pretty good I might add. And then a couple of weeks ago, another one, and I must've appeared visibly shaken to her, because she said (in Spanish), "What happened to you? What happened to your ability to suck it up and move forward?"

So, perhaps, I've lost that heart of stone somewhere along the way.

Founder July 20, 2010 @ 11:29 a.m.

RFG, do something for me: Take a deep breath and let it out s--l---o--------w.

We need every caring person we can find, to mobilize right now, to keep supporting each other; that's what makes US special, all of US. San Diego is blessed with lots of creative special caring folks and losing even one of them makes it harder on the rest of US. You are needed for the special abilities that only you have.

Onward to Victory over (fill in this Blank!)...

David Dodd July 20, 2010 @ 11:49 a.m.

I'm good, Founder. Honest. I sleep very well at night, don't give mindless banter on the internet much thought, and take care of my kids and grandkids. No worries, my friend. I'm a lucky man.

nan shartel July 20, 2010 @ 12:23 p.m.

Refried u deserve a Goat barbequed lunch...advertised in this issue of the READER...it a place in North Park so if u get up this way we can jog over and u can tell me if it REALLY good....hahahahahaha

u seem to have become the scapegoat for some pent up anger here hun...DO NOT let that impede the beauty of who u r...cynic or saint...whichever shows it'self at the time

oh crap..i called u a beauty..maybe eloquent writer..hey beauty is good..in Canada u'd be someone who had "a beauty way to go"

u have the one thing that make a formidable writer

authenticity

carry on homey!!!

nan shartel July 20, 2010 @ 12:24 p.m.

duhbya....hahahahahahaha...u's one feisty gal :-0

go on wid ur bad self hunnypants!!!

nan shartel July 20, 2010 @ 12:30 p.m.

PS:

poets can say anything they want

~~sticking my tongue out at the naysayers~~

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

don't make me say ZIP IT anyone

thx for the compliment RFG

David Dodd July 20, 2010 @ 12:32 p.m.

Nan, hun, Duhbya's not a gal! Although, I bet he's laughing! He's a very, very nice gentleman.

nan shartel July 20, 2010 @ 12:45 p.m.

duhbya....hahahahahahaha...u's one feisty guy :-0

go on wid ur bad self hunnyshorts!!!

correction made...thx Refried....hahahahahahahahahaha

nan shartel July 20, 2010 @ 12:47 p.m.

uh oh...he might not like me calling him hunnyshorts if he's a GENTLEMAN

Duhbya July 20, 2010 @ 1:01 p.m.

Re #'s 39-41: Oh, shoot.....and here I thought you were just acknowledging my sensitive (feminine) side. Hunnyshorts it is, nan. I'm honored. And yes, refried, I'm smilin' and dialin' here (work beckons).

Grasca July 20, 2010 @ 1:13 p.m.

Scapegoat, old goat - it can all end up in the birria if there is a willing cook.

Founder July 20, 2010 @ 2:17 p.m.

and an unwilling Goat...

I like mine with lots of HOT on corn taco's

Joe Poutous July 20, 2010 @ 3:11 p.m.

Enough focus to stay on... ooh, look! Shiny!!

• Joe

nan shartel July 20, 2010 @ 7:54 p.m.

hey i thought that "look at the shiny"....was my line...good on ya Joe