Ian Anderson 11 a.m., Oct. 8
Holy Family Painting in the St. Martin Church in Poznan (St. Martin Street). Unknown painter copy is placed in the north aisle near a Christmas Crib. This is no original and the copy is still the matter under investigation. There is no knowing whether the title painting can be connected with the prewar St. Joseph chapel (built in 1885 in the right-hand aisle). In 1925 the church reconstruction began aiming to expand and repair the old church, and the chapel was extended. In 1939, the church was converted into a warehouse with looted by Hitlerites works of sacred art. Unluckily, its contents burned down in 1945.
January 29, 2013