Ken Leighton 1:30 p.m., Nov. 26
Jews Stab the Stolen Hosts (‘Zydzi kluja skradzione hostje’). On the St. Onuphrius old altar in the Corpus Christi Church in Poznan, in the middle of the main nave, four bronze plaques present the history of the stolen Holy Eucharist by the Jews on 15 August 1399. One of them in the picture has a title legend. The then Bishop Adalbert Jastrzebiec moved the Body of Christ (stolen from the present Jesuit church, desecrated in the house on the Jewish Street, and abandoned on the Warta meadows in a place where the church was founded in 1406) to the St. Mary Magdalene Parish Church on Collegiate Square.
October 3, 2012