4:32 a.m., May 22
The Corpus Christi Church and Former Calced Carmelites’ Monastery (Shooting Street). The church located in the Warta River common was funded by King Ladislaus Jagiello in 1406. During the Swedish Deluge the church was burnt down by the Brandenburg army in 1657. Reconstruction of the Jagiellonian Sanctuary completed in 1664 changed the vaulting over the main nave and the west gable took Baroque form. Only the side naves still have their original stellar vaulting. A church spire (at the turn of the 18th century), the Chapel of Our Lady of the Scapular (in 1726), and the sacristy (in the middle of the 18th century) were built on later. This church has portals made of glazed multicolored bricks.
October 3, 2012