Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Nov. 27
Polish Uhlans before the City Hall (Old Market Square in Poznan). First City Hall in Poznan was built in the 13th century. The new Renaissance building was designed by an Italian architect John Baptist Quadro from Lugano in 1560, after a fire of the city that took place in 1536. It was not his only work in the Greater Poland cities. In the cellar there are remnants of the first Old City Hall. The recreated 15th Poznan Uhlans’ Regiment in 1939 uniforms gave demonstrations on the Old Market Square. The column of riders often stands on the Fallen Appeal ceremony at the Uhlans Regiment monument (Franciscan Church area).
December 13, 2012