Jeff Smith noon, March 8
Reader Rewards: FAQ
Reader Rewards is a free member cash rewards program that allows you to securely register your existing credit/debit cards and earn cash back (aka BuxBack) when using your registered cards at participating merchants. Once you've earned at least $25 cash back in your Reader Rewards BuxBack account, you will receive a cash credit to your primary card on file the following month. You can also choose to automatically donate a percentage or all of your cash back to a partnering nonprofit of your choice. Reader Rewards is a win-win-win opportunity for merchants, consumers and charities!
- No additional cards to carry
- No phone numbers to memorize
- Get coupon pricing without the coupons
- Support a charity without digging into your own pocket
Reader Rewards is a completely merchant-funded rebate program. Merchants are always seeking ways to attract new customers while creating loyalty with their existing customers. Our program fills both of those needs – seamlessly!
And since we offer a performance-based program, merchants only pay for members who actually make a purchase — unlike paying hundreds or thousands of dollars upfront for an advertisement with no promise of gaining a single customer. With no up front costs for merchants, we completely eliminate advertising waste making this the most cost-effective alternative to traditional marketing.
Absolutely! Once you initiate our enrollment page, you are accessing our secure server. Our sophisticated technology upholds the highest levels of security compliance and maintains the following certifications and standards so you can be assured that all data is secure:
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant, verified by the Visa® U.S.A. Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP), whose reviews are based on the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Visa® certified third-party processor (TPP)
- Certified end-point processor for American Express®
- 128-bit encryption protocol called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- VeriSign-approved, the Internet security global leader
- MD5 encryption technology for card protection
- Secure user password authentication
Absolutely not! With Reader Rewards, you get to earn cash back in addition to your current rewards. Earn miles and Reader Rewards, or points and Reader Rewards, or cash and Reader Rewards. You basically get to "double dip" your rewards!
Absolutely. Simply log into your Member Back Office and click the link titled ADD CARD. If you are a company with multiple employees using company credit/debit cards, you can register up to 25 different cards with the cash back being credited to a primary company card on file (26 or more cards can be arranged by contacting Reader Rewards directly).
No. Shop and earn with no concern of limits.
The qualified transaction and cash back amount is viewable approximately 72 hours later in your Member Back Office (exceptions may apply depending on the merchant so always reference the Merchant Detail page for any special notes). Once you have $25.00 in your Reader Rewards account, cash will be automatically credited to the primary card on file the following month less any amounts you elected to donate to a partnering nonprofit organization(s).
You can, but you're not required to do so. One of the many benefits of our program is the discretion that our technology provides. Since your transaction is linked back to your Member Back Office to your registered credit/debit card, you simply shop like normal and Reader Rewards will do the rest. With Reader Rewards:
- You do not have to notify the merchant
- You do not have to carry additional cards
- You do not have to present an ID card
- You do not have to print, clip and present coupons
- You do not have to remember a phone number
- You do not have to share a special code
You are eligible immediately upon the completion of your secure online enrollment. Once you have received $25 in your Reader Rewards account we will credit your primary card on file.
Enrolling is fast, secure, and best of all FREE! Click here to launch our secure enrollment form, or click the "Sign up" link in the tab at the top of this page. Our enrollment process includes setting up a secure login password which gives you access to your Member Back Office where you can view your cash back balances, transactions, update your profile, and more.
Only a few items of information are necessary for secure enrollment. You will need to provide:
- Email address
- Zip code
- Credit/debit card number and expiration date
- Birth Date (optional)
- Cell Phone (optional)
All members will receive a secure Member Back Office upon enrollment. The login button is located on the BuxBack website. Accessing your Member Back Office requires your username and personally created password. Once logged in, you will have access to the following:
- Merchant search feature
- Summarized account info for quick status of your cash back and donations (current month and year-to-date)
- Rewards tab – Track your cash back balance and detailed transaction history
- Account Info tab – Update your profile and membership information (name, password, email address, cell phone, birth date, etc.)
- Cards tab – Manage your credit/debit card information and expiration date and/or add more cards
- Fundraisers tab – Manage your selected nonprofit organizations
No. However, you can donate your cash to a partnering nonprofit organization.
No. Our secure platform seamlessly tracks each qualified transaction and automatically credits your primary card on file.
Yes. Your reward for an affected transaction may be reduced or removed from your Member Back Office if that transaction is returned to the merchant.
Yes. You can locate participating merchants via the merchant search feature located on the website and in your Member Back Office. Remember to view the merchant detail page for their current offers.
Your cash reward is earned on the net amount of eligible purchases. Each merchant determines eligible purchases. In most cases, tips, taxes, special handling charges, returns, freight or shipping costs and any unshipped products are not included in the cash back calculation. You should always reference the merchant detail page for special notes.
During your enrollment, be sure to enter a current email address and mark the checkbox opting in for email correspondence. Also check the Account Info tab in your Member Back Office to ensure the email opt-in checkbox is marked. We also recommend that you add our addresses firstname.lastname@example.org, merchants@Rbuxback.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your Address Book or Safe Senders List. If you opt out, you will still receive administrative emails about your account (i.e., confirmations of account changes, etc.). Please allow up to 30 days for emails to discontinue after opting out.