Shelli DeRobertis 5:08 p.m., June 19
Submitted by LaPlacaRifa48619
Since I am transitioning to a "less red meat" diet, I decided to try a dish without any meat in it. This one combines beans, carrots, marinara sauce, sauerkraut, and seasoned salt. You can use fresh-or-frozen vegetables in this, but I keep mostly canned vegetables on hand. That is why I use them.
- 15 ozs can of sauerkraut
- 15 ozs can of marinara sauce
- 1 lb dry 3-bean mix
- 15 ozs can of carrots
- 2 pinchs seasoned salt Optional
Let's Get To It!
01) Hot soak the 3-bean mixture overnight.
02) Drain beans, return to cooker.
03) Add other ingredients, stir and cover.
04) Cook on high heat for two hours.
05) Uncover, stir, switch to low heat, re-cover.
06) Let cook up until one hour before serving.
07) Shut off cooker one hour before serving
08) Serve and enjoy.
Added Thursday, Oct. 21, 2010