Matt Potter 10:28 p.m., March 6
3-Bean Stew with Ground Turkey
Submitted by LaPlacaRifa48619
Lately, I've been trying to curtail my consumptioon of red meat. This stew is a tasty way to use ground turkey, rather than ground beef, in a "no-heat" chili-stlyed stew/
- 1.25 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb dry 3-bean mix
- ½ gal water
- 15 ozs can of marinara sauce
- 2 ozs spicy brown mustard
- 2 ozs canola oil
HERE WE GO!
01) "Hot Soak" the beans in the crock pot (2 hours on high, 8-10 hours on low) overnight.
02) Drain beans after hot soak, return to crock pot
03) Add rest of ingredients
04) Stir, cover, and cook for two hours on high.
05) Put on low, uncover, stir, recover and cok until one hour before serving
06) Shut off crock pot one hour before serving.
07) Serve and enjoy
Added Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010