Joseph Ciprian 11:30 a.m., Dec. 6
Beef Spareribs In "Ten Minute" Marinade
Submitted by LaPlacaRifa48619
This dish is a family tradition. The marinade is so yclept not because it takes ten minutes worth of soaking to get the right flavor (6-12 hrs soaking time minimum), but anything marinated-and-grilled using this sauce, if taken to a party, will be gone within ten minutes! As in down the little red hatches of your guests! So, let's get busy!
- 2 Packages of beef spareribs (chicken thighs-or-drummies, pork chops, or country-stlyed pork spareribs work just as well)
- ½ bottle soy sauce
- ½ bottle teriyaki sauce
- ½ bottle sake or rice wine.
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Prepping for the grill:
1). Place spareribs in bowl or covered pot.
2) Mix wet ingredients, pour over meat to cover.
3) Cover marinade pot, place in refrigerator for 6-12 hours.
4) When it comes time to cook, put rack on high setting.
5) Put meat on heated grill, grill for 15-20 minutes per side.
6) Baste meat with extra sauce, using a brush, twice per side.
7) After cooking, serve up. Ditch extra marinade.
Recommended side dishes include:
Potato Pancakes, mixed vegetables, fried corn, green salad.
Goes best with Burgundy or Chianti, Spaten Optimator, or Guiness Stout.
Enjoy your meal!
Added Saturday, May 1, 2010